The Haunted Magnolia Hotel was HOME to the WORST serial killer during the early 1800's, William Faust! The building located in Seguin, Texas (Guadalupe County), was built in the early 1840s by one of the original DeWitt colonist James Campbell. Campell was one of the 33 Texas Rangers who founded Seguin! The building was originally suppose to be used as a fort but changed his mind being the entire town was home to Texas Rangers. Then in 1844, slave owner Joseph F. Johnson bought the two-room log house from James Campbell and made it into Seguins ONLY stagecoach station! He then added the Dr. Parks limecrete building in the back turning it into the original three room Magnolia Hotel. Johnson then sold the hotel in 1846 to Michael Erskine and Jeremiah S. Calvert. The FAMOUS Captain John "Jack" Coffee HAYS married Susan Calvert (daughter to Jeremiah) in the limecrete building BUT not before hanging one of her numerous suitors for putting her in danger with the indians! Then W. S. Ried became the proprietor in the 1850s adding the interior section of the hotel making it Seguin's largest hotel during that time. He and his wife experienced the well-known Indian Massacre on July 4th, 1855. A cellar had been cut out of solid rock under the front building and served as a refuge during the Indian attack by the Chief Tarantula. While the men set off to kill the Indians, the women and children found shelter in the cellar making bullets to pass the frightenting moments. During 1874 it was the home to one of Texas most hideous SERIAL killer. During the night he stole the Magnolia Hotel owner's horse, rode to New Braunfels and murdered a 12 year old girl, hacked his wife and blinded her then hustled back to the hotel only to fall calmly asleep in his safe bed. When conficted, he decided to confess and stated he had murdered before. William Faust was eventually shot through the courthouse window by an unknown assailant discusted by his act of violence! The gruesome account of these murders can be read in the book called "Haunted New Braunfels" by Erin O Wallace. In the 1930s the top floor of the hotel became an apartment house while the bottom was turned into a home for the owner's family. In the late 1990's the building was abandoned and left empty making it available to unwelcome and undesirable! It 2013 it was purchased by a couple wishing to restore the hotel to its original 1885 hayday! During their restoration the building has become explosive with paranormal activity sometimes causing the construction to be halted and loss of employees from fear of ghost. The owners refuse to allow the spirits to stop their restoration and have allowed paranormal teams to investigated hoping to find answers or learn to live with the disembodied tenants! The building has been featured in books, the Discovery Channel, Radio Shows, Voice of the Unknown Documentary and SYFI!
Located at 203 S Crocket, Seguin, Texas 78155. For paranormal investigation reservations contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Content copyright . HAUNTEDMAGNOLIAHOTEL.COM. All rights reserved.